Connecting Kodiak has laid out plans to develop a sustainable program to support local digital inclusion. The Kodiak Broadband Working Group has been formed as part of the plan to advance digital inclusion and infrastructure projects around the Kodiak Archipelago. We held our second meeting this week and we discussed the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) that is funded by the Economic Development Administration (EDA.) The working group has developed a technology survey that will be part of the SWOT (strength, weakness, opportunity, threat) analysis. Once the SWOT Analysis is complete the working group will develop an action plan that will be implemented in the technology section of the Kodiak Rural Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy. The EDA is a very important funding source for projects that will require infrastructure buildout. By developing plans to create an action plan for the CEDS we will maximize the opportunity to receive funding to support the infrastructure buildout needed to bring improved digital inclusion to the villages.
- Released: Broadband Adoption and Opportunity Act
- U.S. House votes “Yes” on home broadband benefit and digital equity funding for states and communities
- Wyden bill provides emergency internet assistance for laid-off workers, low income households, Pell students
- New: #SpreadTheTech Podcast Series
- New U.S. House broadband bill includes low-income payment help and digital inclusion funding