Connecting Kodiak has laid out plans to develop a sustainable program to support local digital inclusion. The Kodiak Broadband Working Group has been formed as part of the plan to advance digital inclusion and infrastructure projects around the Kodiak Archipelago. We held our second meeting this week and we discussed the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) that is funded by the Economic Development Administration (EDA.) The working group has developed a technology survey that will be part of the SWOT (strength, weakness, opportunity, threat) analysis. Once the SWOT Analysis is complete the working group will develop an action plan that will be implemented in the technology section of the Kodiak Rural Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy. The EDA is a very important funding source for projects that will require infrastructure buildout. By developing plans to create an action plan for the CEDS we will maximize the opportunity to receive funding to support the infrastructure buildout needed to bring improved digital inclusion to the villages.
- Calling All Coalitions: This Is Your Chance to Contribute to State Digital Equity Plans
- NDIA Awards 18 National Digital Navigator Corps Grants in Rural & Tribal Areas
- New York Digital Inclusion Fund Announces Five Innovation Grant Awards
- Planning to Build a New Digital Skills Curriculum? Read This First
- Miss the Webinar? Here’s What You Need to Know about ACP Outreach Grants