We are pleased to announce that in partnership with Grow with Google, NDIA is launching the Ujima Project – a $150K challenge grant to help nonprofits leverage Grow with Google resources to support Black communities.
Register now for a 90-minute informational webinar
Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 1:30 pm EST/ 10:30 am PST.
We will be joined by Google representatives who will share more on how Grow with Google (GwG) and NDIA are teaming up to offer community challenge grants to support digital skills training for Black communities. The webinar will provide an overview of the GwG program and available resources and how they can be used. In addition, NDIA will explain how to apply with details on the application process and timeline for submitting applications.
The Ujima Project will challenge NDIA Affiliates to design a project that creatively activates GwG tools to upskill Black jobseekers and/or students. Applicants will describe how they can put the GwG workshops and trainings into action to provide upskilling for Black communities.
- Requests should not exceed $25K
- Requests must include use of GwG resources and focus on supporting Black communities
- Applicants must be an NDIA Affiliate and a registered GwG Partner
- Projects/initiatives should be episodic or cohort based. One-time projects will not be considered.
- Projects/initiatives serving at least 50 people over the course of the grant are preferred.
Additionally, details about the Ujima Project will be posted to the NDIA website and shared via the NDIA Community Listserv next week.