- This event has passed.
A Connection is Not Enough: Getting Devices & Computer Training to City Residents
October 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
City leaders are rightly focused on building broadband infrastructure and finding affordable broadband connections for residents – but without a computer and some technical know-how, too many people will still be left on the wrong side of the digital divide. Hear directly from cities and nonprofits leading the charge to get free or low-cost laptops and tablets to families in need, and learn how to set your residents up with the technical skills they need to connect to loved ones, find work, and access city services with ease.
- Juliet Fink Yates, Digital Inclusion Manager, Philadelphia, PA
- Lou August, Executive Director, Wild Tech
- Rey LaChaux, Digital Equity Manager, City and County of San Francisco, CA
- Jennifer Sanders, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Dallas Innovation Alliance
- Pete Meadows, Director, External Affairs, AT&T