- This event has passed.
Miami Valley Regional Broadband and Digital Equity Forum
May 10, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Please register to join us on Tuesday, May 10th, from 8:00 a.m. – Noon, when MVRPC’s Institute for Livable & Equitable Communities will host the Miami Valley Regional Broadband and Digital Equity Forum at Sinclair College. The work of the Institute is focused within and amongst nine domains, or elements of our community, to encourage cross-sector and community engaged efforts to enhance livability and equity throughout the region. The Miami Valley Regional Broadband and Digital Equity Forum is a free, in-person event to convene leaders and practitioners from the domains working toward progress on our broadband infrastructure and access challenges.
Broadband Ohio will present newly released county level maps which visualize gaps in broadband infrastructure according to the latest available data. They will also share the details, eligibility and timelines for the forthcoming state and federally funded programs to expand access. The event will also include panel presentations highlighting innovative partnerships, programs and projects here in the Miami Valley. The presentations will be followed by solutions-oriented conversations to encourage attendees to discuss specific challenges and opportunities in their communities and domains, with the hope that many new partnerships will emerge from the event.
Miami Valley Regional Broadband and Digital Equity Forum Presenters will include:
- Dr. Frieda Bennett, Former Del Mar Encore Fellow / St. Mary Development Corporation
- Shannon Cox, Montgomery County Educational Services Center
- Ted Griffith, JobsOhio
- Sarah Hackenbracht, Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association
- Eric Henry , Greene County
- Ellis Jacobs, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality
- Stephanie Keinath, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Morakinyo A.O. Kuti, Central State University
- Ellen Miller, Caresource Foundation
- Tom Roberts, Ohio Conference of Branches of the NAACP
- Commissioner Chris Shaw, City of Dayton and National League of Cities Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Patrick Smith, Broadband Ohio
- Peter Voderberg, Broadband Ohio
- Jay Weiskircher, Miami Valley Communications Council
- Leon Wilson, The Cleveland Foundation Digital Equity Coalition