Website Community Tech NY
CTNY is recruiting for either a Part-Time Operations Manager or a Full-Time Operations Manager. Candidate selection will be made on a combination of candidates skills/experience and available funding. Please apply to this post for the Full-Time position. Details below.
Community Tech NY (CTNY) (http://www.communitytechny.org/) builds and supports healthy, resilient, consentful, digital ecosystems rooted in community needs. We connect our partners with technology teaching tools, direct project support, and community technology practices. Our goal is to support collective self-determination through community choice and governance of technology, especially as we address emergent challenges and risks related to technological advancement and climate change. To do this, CTNY cultivates sustainable community ownership of data and the long-term stewardship of neighborhood technologies that support health, well-being, and access to opportunity. Our focus areas include building digital equity coalitions and community internet networks, training, and data/policy work.
CTNY is a sponsored project of the Allied Media Projects (AMP) (https://alliedmedia.org/) and we work in close partnership with the Detroit Community Technology Project (DCTP) (https://detroitcommunitytech.org/). CTNY and DCTP share an advisory board as part of the Community Tech Collective (CTC) (https://www.ctcollective.org/).
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Co-Director of Operations and is responsible for tasks that fall under onboarding administration, subcontract/subaward management, budgeting, productivity tools, and supports development/fundraising activities. The Operations Manager is a key role that interfaces with AMP, independent contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and subawardees.
Specific responsibilities include:
CTNY Onboarding Administration
- In partnership with AMP HR: Hiring, onboarding/offboarding new staff (Draft and advertise job descriptions with input from team; develop interview questions; guide candidates through AMP’s HR process)
- Hiring and onboarding/offboarding independent contractors (Draft and finalize contracts with input from team)
- Developing subcontractor scope, budget, timelines, contract
- Managing and tracking subcontractor/subawardee invoicing
- Independent contractor invoicing and point of contact
- New project start-up process/documentation
Budget and Finance
- Tracking and managing invoice payments from contractors and to funders
- Reviewing monthly project financial reports and submitting reclassifications/edits to AMP’s finance team
- Quarterly and monthly budget reviews
- Supporting the development of the annual budget
- Tracking grant funds
- Funder admin management (tax forms, paperwork, funder portal, etc)
- Coordinating proposal and grant reporting deadlines and deliverables with AMP’s development team
CTC Shared Advisory Board
- Assist with quarterly board functions such drafting and sharing agendas, managing invites, compiling finance and program reports, and supporting board member recruitment.
- Develop and maintain CTNY policies in line with Sponsored Projects Program handbook (e.g. managing/tracking tech and professional stipends)
- Setup and maintain tools such as Asana, Slack, Adobe, Calendly, and others. Tracks number of seats, payments, and passwords
- Collect/compile receipts/invoices for expense reporting
- Maintain organizational file/information infrastructure
- Assist when necessary with agendas/travel arrangements as well as supporting staff for events (e.g. venue rental and catering requests)
- Maintain and update events tracker
- Tracking equipment
Salary: USD $55,000 – USD $65,000 / year
Benefits include medical, vision, dental insurance, life/voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short/long term disability, 403b plan with match.
Application deadline: May 22, 2022
Start date: June 1, 2022
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3-5 short bullets on your budgeting and contracting experience to [ [email protected] ].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com