Website Delaware Employment Link
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
The State of Delaware has received planning grants under IIJA to close the digital divide. Although Delaware is one of the most connected states after years of investment, we still have unserved and underserved addresses across our state. This role is responsible for overseeing the expansion of Broadband Services to every home and business. It also includes responsibilities in advancing digital equity in technology access and skills.
The Broadband Executive Director will direct and oversee statewide broadband strategy. This position is responsible for managing the staff and activities of the Delaware Broadband Office to achieve successful implementation of the State’s Broadband Strategic Plan.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is preferred, with emphasis in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Public Administration or a related field.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Establishes broadband goals and objectives, manages schedules and resources for broadband services.
- Plans, develops, and manages the activities of vendors and staff.
- Responsible for financial management, including budget development and administration, analyses, and grant reporting related to broadband services.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal requirements and contract provisions.
- Develops compliance documentation, including short- and long-range broadband plans, broadband adoption programs, and broadband performance measures.
- Manages the development of requests for proposals and negotiates contracts for broadband system improvements, expansion, and modifications.
- Evaluates services and effectiveness based on established performance measures and benchmarks.
- Oversees the development and implementation of public outreach initiatives to develop effective communication with stakeholders.
- Meets and confers with representatives from other local and regional fiber optic service providers to address inter-agency services, coordination and regional broadband policy issues, including development, documentation, and oversight.
- Makes presentations to state and local government entities and other external stakeholder groups regarding legislation and other broadband issues.
- Represents the department on various broadband-related committees.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising and leading diverse teams.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and managing partnerships.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in contract management, including contract negotiation and compliance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in presenting information both written and orally, demonstrating success in effectively relaying information and engaging stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in interpreting and applying policies, laws, and regulations.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in grants management.
Conditions Of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in the Federal E-Verify system where we will provide the federal government with each Executive Branch new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources web page.
DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
DTI’s Benefits to include:
- Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Health Management Programs.
- 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 13 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
- State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
- Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/agencies/index.shtml.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Ongoing Application Screening
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.