Website GovTempsUSA - MGT Consulting
Digital Equity Manager
GovTempsUSA is seeking qualified candidates for Digital Equity Manager with Lake County, IL. Successful candidates will be GovTemps employees contracted to the County. This is a full-time in person role, with hours expected to be 40 hours/week Monday-Friday. This can be a three-year contract position for the right candidate.
Primary Duties: The Digital Equity Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of the innovative county-wide Lake County Broadband and Digital Equity Action Plan to advance digital equity and close the digital divide in Lake County. This position will act as the program manager for the integration of broadband efforts and initiatives to increase the availability, adoption, and affordability of broadband throughout the County. This will involve providing regular updates to the Lake County Special Committee on Broadband and collaboration with county departments and other key stakeholders focused on digital equity and broadband connectivity issues. This exciting opportunity will include creating and leading a countywide Digital Equity Coalition, implementing and managing digital equity initiatives, oversight of grant funds and seeking additional broadband funding opportunities.
The Digital Equity Manager may perform a combination of some, or all, of the following duties, and perform related duties as assigned:
• Development and management of programs/projects, including working with all relevant stakeholders, other county offices and other service systems in developing and implementing strategies within the Broadband and Digital Equity Action Plan • Plan and lead Lake County Broadband and Digital Equity Coalition meetings; and provide regular updates and reports to the Special Committee on Broadband • Working closely with county government departments and convene and engage local broadband stakeholders (government, business, public, institutional)
• Pursue grant applications for additional broadband and digital equity funding.
• Maintain the new Lake County Digital Equity Resource Website.
• Assist with coordination of a countywide ACP outreach campaign.
• Represent the County on regional digital inclusion and outreach events.
• Create, maintain, and track digital equity broadband related program goal performance indicators and metrics.
• Coordinate and manage broadband projects, including scope development, project schedules, status reports, and detailed budgets.
• Monitor ongoing programs to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, standards, and regulations.
• Oversight of grant funds under the supervision of County Administration.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Knowledge Skills Abilities and Education Required
• 5+ years of project management and implementation experience, some experience in telecommunications preferred but not required.
• Technically savvy and comfortable learning new technologies and programs.
• Demonstrated success in tracking and driving project or program tasks, milestones, and goals.
• Ability to build and cultivate credible collaborative relationships and partnerships with stakeholders on project or program initiatives/goals and implementations.
• Ability to apply principles of equity to policy and program development and community engagement.
• Ability to develop strategy, establish standards, and key performance metrics and indicators.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Public speaking skills to conduct stakeholder and public meetings.
• Team oriented and committed to maintaining a positive work environment.
• Ability to work well independently and take initiative.
• A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Grant writing experience preferred.
• A familiarity with Lake County and the community services offered in the region.
• Ability to travel and attend meetings off-site
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in general management, business/public administration, political science, information technology or a related field, or a field directly related to the work being performed plus five (5) years of experience working in project management, or any combination of education and experience that provides the candidates possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties prescribed to the position.
Hourly Wage and Selection Process: $38-43/hour. DOQ. GovTemps/MGT employee benefits include up to 5% match for 401(k) retirement plan and comprehensive medical/health benefits package. Application Process and Questions: Apply online with resume and cover letter to GovHRjobs.com. Positions will remain open until filled.
Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact Mysi Hall, HR Manager at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.