Hoosier Fiber Networks
POSITION TITLE: Digital Equity Manager
Through a respectful, collaborative, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company, the Director of Digital Equity will be responsible for developing and fostering relationships on the ground with government officials and key stakeholder organizations. The Digital Equity Manager will represent the company and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase company visibility within low-income communities as well as communities with limited-to-no access to fiber-based internet.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this exciting role spearheading the success of Hoosier Networks Digital Equity Program. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Collaborate with government officials and external stakeholders to identify communities eligible for a reduced-priced fiber plan through Hoosier Fiber Networks.
· Coordinate directly with Internet Service Provider(s) to monitor the adoption of reduced-priced fiber plans within targeted communities.
· Complete quarterly and annual impact reports that speak to Hoosier Fiber Networks Digital Equity program outputs.
· Stay abreast of Local, State, and Federal broadband programs such as Broadband Equity, Access,and Deployment (BEAD) program, Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), Digital Equity GrantProgram, ReConnect Program, etc.
· Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
· Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
· Foster new relationships and nurture existing relationships with collaborative partners.
· Coordinate and liaise with municipalities and relevant point persons on outreach efforts.
· Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in strategic locations throughout the community.
· Lead the planning and execution of special events, including the development and organizing of a volunteer base to support with on-the-ground outreach (e.g., doorknocking, flyering, etc.)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, public policy, or related fields
· Preferred experience of 5+ years within non-profit, government, community outreach, or public engagement activities
· Bilingual preferred
· Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
· Strong experience preparing reports
· Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms
· Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org