Website HR&A Advisors
ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an employee-owned company advising public, private, non-profit, and philanthropic clients on how to increase opportunity and advance quality of life in cities.
We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives.
From Brooklyn to Los Angeles, we have guided hundreds of clients in transforming real estate and economic development concepts, and public infrastructure, first into actionable plans then into job-producing, community-strengthening assets.
Our clients include real estate owners and investors, hospitals and universities, cultural institutions and philanthropies, community development organizations and governments.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We come from diverse backgrounds, have a breadth of lived experience, and share a passion for cities. We are former city officials, executive directors, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists.
Hear more about the HR&A experience from our employees.
Learn more about careers at HR&A on our website.
The Practice | Over the next decade, the federal government, states, localities, philanthropies, and private businesses are projected to spend $200 billion on new broadband and digital equity programs. HR&A’s broadband and digital equity practice is built to provide a full suite of strategic planning, staffing, program management, and implementation services to maximize the impact of this historic funding.
Whether we’re helping State Broadband Offices deliver their broadband and digital equity plans, supporting municipalities to structure public-private partnerships and digital inclusion services, or building capacity in community anchor institutions and nonprofits, our work is focused on designing and delivering sustainable programs and partnerships that close the digital divide and promote economic opportunity for all.
THE OPPORTUNITY | The Federal Government will spend at least $2.75 billion over the next six years to design, develop, and deliver Statewide Digital Equity Plans as well as municipal and community-based programs to ensure that historic investments in universal, affordable broadband access build more inclusive, dynamic, and equitable economies, education and healthcare systems, and government services. Our team is leading or supporting several such efforts for states, counties, cities, and nonprofits across the country, and we are seeking exceptional talent at all levels to help conduct research, advise on, develop, produce, and manage digital equity plans and programs that make measurable impact to close the digital divide in these communities.
The planning process includes assessing needs, including through robust interagency, intergovernmental, and community engagement, developing measurable goals and objectives, quantitative and qualitative analysis on how digital equity impacts a jurisdiction’s priorities in other areas such as economic development, education, healthcare, workforce development, delivering essential services, and engaging stakeholders.
The Senior Analyst, Digital Equity Programs will support the design, development, and delivery of Statewide Digital Equity Plans as well as state, municipal, and community-based programs. Senior Analysts are ambitious mid-level professionals with at least 5-8 years of professional experience who own the substance of our client work products and will establish themselves as experts in the field. The Senior Analyst, Digital Equity Programs will be dedicated to HR&A’s Broadband & Digital Equity Practice, with a passion for delivering equitable outcomes of internet access in communities across the country. Primary tasks may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing digital equity needs, including through robust interagency, intergovernmental, and community engagement processes, and collaborating with the firm’s digital equity data team
- Developing measurable goals and objectives for successful, equitable program design, investment prioritization, and implementation tracking
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis on how digital equity impacts a jurisdiction’s priorities in other areas such as economic development or education
- Drafting digital equity plans and designing effective programs and policies for closing the digital divide, tailored to the distinct dynamics of the communities they are designed to serve
- Developing relationships and partnerships with digital inclusion service providers, including libraries, schools, community-based organizations, and national nonprofits
- Supporting the management of direct service delivery by digital inclusion service providers
- Scoping, structuring, creating, and reviewing client deliverables, and producing high-quality on-time results
- Promulgating best practices for digital equity program design in communities across the country, including supporting new business development pursuits
- A clear passion for and experience in digital equity policy and programs
- Experience with promoting systems change in government and economic empowerment, as well as capacity-building in community anchor institutions and community-based organizations
- At least five to eight years of experience in government service, management consulting or comparable client-facing functions in professional services, or a combination of professional services and other relevant experience in the broadband or economic and community development industries
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with a focus on public policy, economics, business, or other closely related fields
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, critical thinking, and creativity
- Experience managing fast-paced, collaborative teams and projects, including scoping, structuring, creating, and reviewing deliverables
- Ability to work across assignments, including managing multiple project workstreams and deadlines
Exceptional ability to engage with and earn the trust of local leaders, community leaders, and businesses on complex broadband issues
- Desire to help build the Broadband & Digital Equity team’s consulting and program management business, improving the quality of our work and expanding our impact
COMPENSATION | The annual salary range for this position is $101,000 to $114,500 plus opportunity for year-end bonus. Where an offer falls inside the pay range is dependent on experience. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document at here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at https://www.hraadvisors.com/broadband-and-digital-equity/
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit hraadvisors.applytojob.com.