Website HR&A Advisors
The Practice | Over the next decade, the federal government, states, localities, philanthropies, and private businesses are projected to spend $200 billion on new Broadband and Digital Equity programs. HR&A’s Broadband and Digital Equity practice is built to provide a full suite of strategic planning, staffing, program management, and implementation services to maximize the impact of this historic funding.
Whether we’re helping State Broadband Offices deliver their Broadband and Digital Equity plans, supporting municipalities to structure public-private partnerships and digital inclusion services, or building capacity in community anchor institutions and nonprofits, our work is focused on designing and delivering sustainable programs and partnerships that close the digital divide and promote economic opportunity for all.
THE OPPORTUNITY | We are currently seeking Program Associates to support Program Management Offices (PMOs) in the States of California, New York, and Texas; selected candidates may be dedicated to one of these states, while also collaborating with our program management teams across other geographies to advance continuous improvement of our program management systems and processes.
Ideal candidates have exceptional attention to detail, project management skills, including engaging in multiple workstreams, and experience working closely with government agencies. While a preference will be given to candidates with experience in broadband or digital equity programs, many members of our PMOs do not have such backgrounds and instead are impact-driven former management consultants or employees of government agencies, nonprofits, and mission-oriented businesses with a drive for making government more effective for historically marginalized communities.
- At least two to five years of experience in government service, management consulting or comparable client-facing functions in professional services, or a combination of professional services and other relevant experience in the broadband or economic and community development industries
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work as a team player to ensure that program operations run smoothly and exceed expectations
- A clear passion for and experience with digital inclusion, broadband, systems change in government, education, or economic empowerment, or large-scale infrastructure programs
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with a focus on public policy, economics, business administration, or other closely related fields
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; and the ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, critical thinking, and creativity
- Ability to engage with and earn the trust of government leaders and diverse program stakeholders
COMPENSATION | The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 to $92,000. Where an offer falls inside the pay range is dependent on experience. This position is a full-time temporary contractor role for a maximum of three years that works alongside HR&A teams, where employment is via HR&A’s employment partner, Magnit. Magnit benefits include health and wellness benefits and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at https://www.hraadvisors.com/broadband-and-digital-equity/.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit hraadvisors.applytojob.com.