Website HR&A Advisors
The Practice | Over the next decade, the federal government, states, localities, philanthropies, and private businesses are projected to spend $200 billion on new Broadband and Digital Equity programs. HR&A’s Broadband and Digital Equity practice is built to provide a full suite of strategic planning, staffing, program management, and implementation services to maximize the impact of this historic funding.
Whether we’re helping State Broadband Offices deliver their Broadband and Digital Equity plans, supporting municipalities to structure public-private partnerships and digital inclusion services, or building capacity in community anchor institutions and nonprofits, our work is focused on designing and delivering sustainable programs and partnerships that close the digital divide and promote economic opportunity for all.
THE OPPORTUNITY | We are currently seeking Senior Program Managers either to be dedicated to our work in the States of California and Texas, or to work on program management across multiple states, to advance the continuous improvement of our program management systems and processes nationwide. Ideal candidates have exceptional attention to detail, project management skills, including engaging in multiple workstreams, and experience working closely with government agencies. While a preference will be given to candidates with experience in broadband or digital equity programs, many members of our Program Management Offices (PMOs) do not have such backgrounds and instead are impact-driven former management consultants or employees of government agencies, nonprofits, and mission-oriented businesses with a drive for making government more effective for historically marginalized communities.
- At least eight to twelve years of experience in 1) government service or the broadband or economic and community development industries, or 2) management consulting or other client-facing professional services
- Substantial project management experience leading fast-paced, collaborative teams that include developing and maintaining program management dashboards, as well as scoping, structuring, creating, and reviewing deliverables, and producing high-quality, on-time results
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work as a team player to ensure that program operations run smoothly and exceed expectations
- Exceptional ability to engage with and earn the trust of local leaders, community leaders, and businesses on complex broadband issues
- A clear passion for and experience with digital inclusion, broadband, systems change in government, education, or economic empowerment, or large-scale infrastructure programs
- Deep understanding of and experience with government operations at the State, regional, and local levels, ideally in California or Texas, and experience advancing projects in through state or local government processes such as procurements, budgeting, governance planning, and civic engagement
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, mentorship, critical thinking, and creativity
- Desire to build the Broadband & Digital Equity practice by leading engagements, training staff, and advancing thought leadership
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with a focus on public policy, economics, business administration, or other closely related fields
COMPENSATION | The annual salary range for this position is $126,500 to $143,500. Where an offer falls inside the pay range is dependent on experience. This position is a full-time temporary contractor role for a maximum of three years that works alongside HR&A teams, where employment is via HR&A’s employment partner, Magnit. Magnit benefits include health and wellness benefits and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at https://www.hraadvisors.com/broadband-and-digital-equity/.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit hraadvisors.applytojob.com.