ABOUT THE MASSACHUSETTS TECHNOLOGY COLLABORATIVE:
The Massachusetts Broadband Institute (MBI) is a division of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MassTech), a unique public agency that strengthens the competitiveness of the tech and innovation economy by driving strategic investments, partnerships, and insights that harness the talent of Massachusetts.
MBI’s mission is to make affordable high-speed Internet available to all homes, businesses, schools, libraries, medical facilities, government offices, and other public places across the Commonwealth. MBI works closely with key stakeholders to bridge the digital divide in Massachusetts and expand broadband adoption. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Mass Broadband Institute to support and drive the organization’s focus on Digital Access, Inclusion and Equity issues at the statewide level.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
MBI seeks a highly organized and motivated individual to join our team as the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will support the entire range of MBI’s programs and activities to expand broadband access and adoption in the state, which includes digital equity grant programs, broadband infrastructure grant programs, operation of a middle mile network and broadband mapping.
Join our team of dedicated professionals to help drive our mission and make a meaningful impact in the communities we serve. The unprecedented investment of federal funding to bridge the digital divide represents a once in a generation opportunity to achieve transformational change. MBI will be at the forefront of achieving this vision and we are looking for people who have the dedication and passion to help make this vision a reality.
This position will report to the MBI Director and will play a vital role in ensuring that the division operates effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis. The Operations Manager’s duties encompass two critical functions within MBI – (1) Division Operations; and (2) Programs & Special Projects. This positon is an excellent opportunity to gain rich experience in program operations, oversight and implementation in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The primary role of this position is to provide management support throughout the entire grant making cycle from inquiry through approvals, contracting, program implementation, and outcomes. This includes overseeing the tracking of the MBI’s grant portfolio, including invoicing, reporting, deliverables and the tracking of metrics and outcomes. The Operations Manager will also be involved in the development of annual budgets and operating plans. As MBI continues to launch new programs, this position will establish new databases and systems to accurately track and maintain MBI’s grant activities as well as the stakeholders that interact with MBI. The position will also contribute to preparations for MBI and MassTech Board meetings, internal approvals and related meetings. The MBI Director expects the ideal candidate to have the experience and capacity to manage one of the grant programs that MBI will be developing with federal broadband funds.
- Support the development of solicitations, RFPs, contracts and strategic and operational plans to implement broadband programs and initiatives.
- Engage with external stakeholders to promote awareness of MBI’s programs and initiatives.
- Serve as interface with MassTech finance and legal departments; interact on a regular basis with MassTech/MBI staff, service providers (consultants, subcontractors), and grantees to assure smooth execution of projects and successful program operation of MBI.
- Assist with the management of grants awarded by MBI, including developing internal approval documents, supporting MBI staff’s monitoring and oversight of grantee activities, and ensuring compliance with grant requirements.
- Manage broadband grant program(s) or special project(s) from time to time.
- Develop and implement systems to track MBI activities, grant requirements, invoicing, metrics and stakeholder engagement.
- Support the development and periodic review of annual MBI budgets and financial forecasts.
- Communicate externally with grant partners and applicants and ensuring compliance with contract.
Desired Qualifications NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of senior level responsibility for operations and program management.
- Creative thinker with excellent presentation and communication skills with internal and external parties
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated and strong decision-making and discernment
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong program planning, execution, and assessment skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, problem-solve and balance short-term and long-term tasks and goals
- Excellent PC skills to include knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and web browsers
- Prior experience working with nonprofits or government is desirable
- Knowledge of broadband infrastructure or digital equity issues is desirable
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.