Website Maine Connectivity Authority
WHO ARE WE?
The Maine Connectivity Authority is looking for an Accounting, Compliance & Reporting Manager to join their team. The Maine Connectivity Authority (MCA) is a new quasi-governmental organization created in 2021 through a bi-partisan effort to bridge Maine’s digital divide through proactive investments and partnerships for high-speed internet connectivity for everyone in Maine. MCA will serve as the primary agency to plan, develop, manage, and invest in broadband in Maine capitalized with an initial $250M of funding through Federal Recovery Funds. We need to connect everyone to the modern digital society and build the foundation for Maine’s future. High speed internet access is essential to participation in the modern economy and has the potential to dramatically improve Mainers’ quality of life.
The Accounting, Compliance & Reporting (“AC&R”)Manager role is central to the ability of the organization to execute a bold vision within an accelerated development timeframe. As an integral member of the new organization’s rapidly growing team, this person will help to ensure the organization has the proper accounting, compliance and reporting structure and capacity. This will allow the MCA to effectively manage the variety of federal funds received and facilitate the success of the organization’s growth and strategic mandate. The AC&R Manager is tasked with working across all aspects of the MCA’s financial activities and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to CFO in managing/documenting and periodically reviewing MCA and ConnectMaine* internal financial controls.
- Coordinate with all applicable third-party relationships to ensure applicable controls are managed properly on behalf of MCA.
- Oversee the formality of control documentation by way of formal policies and procedures, including automated controls.
- Prepare all federal fund compliance reports and fund requests.
- Manage 3rd third-party accounting relationships to ensure that financials are booked accurately, timely, and in compliance.
- Coordinate day to day activities of the annual audits (including Single Audit)
- Support CFO in coordinating an audit RFP in FY23
- Support CFO to develop and structure organizational (MCA and ConnectMaine) budgets.
- Lead grant specific budget development in coordination with program staff
- Work closely on expense eligibility for current and future programmatic activity.
- Support CFO in staffing MCA’s Audit & Risk Committee (a sub-committee of the Board).
- Work closely with CFO on needed reporting for MCA and all applicable relationships
- Able to work within a team environment, as well as independently, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in accounting or finance.
CPA, MBA or CFA qualification is a plus.
- 10+ years of related work experience in professional, high performing environments.
- Experience with accounting and financial management procedures, practices and software.
- Senior level experience in accounting/grant compliance including coordinating and managing federal grant programs, federal reporting procedures/portals and associated Single Audit requirements.
- Experience in managing an audit process from start to finish, including managing an audit RFP selection process.
- Experience in budget building, both organizational level and for federal grant applications.
- Comfort and familiarity in handling confidential information.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of non-profit, governmental, or quasi-governmental agencies, and associated accounting regulations required.
- Experience managing and fully utilizing external vendor relationships, including auditors, accounting support, HR, IT and financial consultants.
- Supervisory experience is a plus, although this position does not currently have any direct reports.
SKILLS / ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer focus: Commitment and concern for MCA’s charge to provide broadband for everyone in Maine and to facilitate the digital infrastructure for Maine’s future.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills and experience creating systems for others.
- Independently motivated.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information.
- Adaptable to new solutions or processes to ensure growth and success of the organizational priorities.
- Ability to work as a team player and collaborate both internally and externally
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to problem solve and create innovative solutions for the larger customer in mind.
Culture: The Maine Connectivity Authority is a start-up organization with the need to rapidly scale into a high performing, high impact organization serving as a trusted leader charged with executing a critical public need. With this as our mission, team members will be evaluated on their competencies as a part of the organization’s character encompassing:
Adaptation and evolution: Continual learning and adjustment are critical to ensure the growth and success of organizational priorities.
Ownership and Collaboration: Accountability for follow through and success balanced with a team orientation and willingness to partner internally and externally.
Grit and Gumption: The vision and strategy is bold and will require an important blend between resolve, resourcefulness, initiative and creativity to not just achieve but exceed expectations.
Humble and Hungry: The nature of our work is complex, requiring specific expertise, self-awareness and integrity balanced with a recognition that interdisciplinary solutions need to be created in new and different ways. Having the ability to create solutions for a more prosperous future for everyone should get you out of bed.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.