Website Maine Connectivity Authority
WHO ARE WE?
The Maine Connectivity Authority is looking for a Grants Manager to join their team. The Maine Connectivity Authority (MCA) is a new quasi-governmental organization created in 2021 through a bi-partisan effort to bridge Maine’s digital divide through proactive investments and partnerships for high-speed internet connectivity for everyone in Maine. MCA will serve as the primary agency to plan, develop, manage, and invest in broadband in Maine capitalized with an initial $250M of funding through Federal Recovery Funds. We need to connect everyone to the modern digital society and build the foundation for Maine’s future. High speed internet access is essential to participation in the modern economy and has the potential to dramatically improve Mainers’ quality of life.
As a key member of the new organization’s rapidly growing team, the Grants Manager reports to the Broadband Impact Director and creates, adapts, manages, and coordinates grant processes for broadband access/assistance programs. Grant process includes the management of efficient and effective grant processes, while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations. This role will aid in the outreach of broadband access to meet the State’s connectivity goals and is crucial to the MCA meeting its organizational impact targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary point of contact for potential grantees and approved grantees of all grant programs administered by the MCA within the State of Maine, including the Federal Recovery Fund
- Manage and coordinate the grant administration functions of MCA’s grant programs
- Create a streamlined grant process
- Continually monitor and evaluate programs funded by grants
- Create and maintain master files on grants and supporting materials
- Coordinate with MCA’s finance/compliance team to draft and complete MCA grant funding applications to Federal/State sources
- Ensure that MCA’s grant reporting is submitted on time, within parameters, and agreements comply with federal rules
- Build budgets for new grant applications
- Responsible for the financial data being collected and coded appropriately
- Keep up to date on emerging trends in new support programs for broadband
- Assist in producing and maintaining reports and content for presenting impact of grants programs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience in grants management, accounting, auditing, and budgeting
- At least 3 years related work experience
- Experience in grant evaluation, management, compliance and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal funding sources and the ability to locate potential sources for funding
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Knowledge of non-profit, governmental, or quasi-governmental agencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and basic website content management systems, as well as financial management software
- Knowledge of CRM systems preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of GIS systems preferred, but not required
- Experience working in telecommunications preferred, but not required
SKILLS / ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS:
- Customer focus: Commitment and concern for MCA’s charge to provide broadband for everyone in Maine and to facilitate the digital infrastructure for Maine’s future
- Understanding or ability to learn technical aspects of telecommunications grant making and management
- Superior written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Independently motivated
- Ability to interpret financial data to prepare budgets and financial grant reports
- Adaptable to new solutions or processes
- Ability to work as a team player and collaborate both internally and externally
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to problem solve and create innovative solutions for the larger customer in mind
Culture: The Maine Connectivity Authority is a start-up organization with the need to rapidly scale into a high performing, high impact organization serving as a trusted leader charged with executing a critical public need. With this as our mission, team members will be evaluated on their competencies as a part of the organization’s character encompassing:
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.