Website Marconi Society
Who we are:
The Marconi Society is a cross-disciplinary group of technology, policy, and digital inclusion experts creating innovative collaborations to build digitally equitable communities. We break down silos between interdisciplinary groups to create digital equity solutions that work for our integrated world.
Our forward-thinking programs are designed to create long term, transformative change. Our current focus areas include:
- Stabilizing the long term funding infrastructure for digital equity.
- Creating the interdisciplinary workforce needed to develop a digitally equitable world.
- Ensuring that broadband funding goes to the areas that need it most by making impartial resources and best practices in broadband mapping widely available.
The Marconi Society is seeking an innovative Development Manager to plan and implement fundraising activities for our respected 46-year old organization. We are expanding our small and powerful 100% remote team to realize our vision of a world where everyone can fully participate in and benefit from the opportunities of connectivity. The Marconi Society’s recent development efforts have produced some significant national grants and sponsorships for our core programs and annual symposium & gala.
Reporting to our President, the Marconi Society’s Development Manager will help grow the development function and expand the funding base. Top candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience that includes a combination of grants, sponsorships, membership, events and annual giving. Experience in the technology sector is a plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] describing how your nonprofit fundraising experience is a great fit for the Marconi Society. Only applications including cover letters will be considered.
What you’ll do:
The Development Manager will be a key part of creating and implementing the Marconi Society’s philanthropic plan built to increase contributed revenues for the Marconi Society. Working closely with the President, the Development manager will also collaborate with program staff and the Board to effectively raise funds for Marconi Society operations and programming.
- Work with President and staff members to plan, prepare and implement fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with executive director to identify and build relationships with key funders and donors
- Team with board members to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors
- Write, research and track grant submissions and reports
- Plan and manage fundraising events
- Plan and implement annual giving opportunities
- Manage Donor Perfect; entering, acknowledging and recording all donations, donor information, membership status, and membership renewals
- Collaborate with staff to develop and implement a new membership program
- Track and report weekly productivity
Who you are:
The Marconi Society’s Development Manager will have at least 2–5 years of applicable experience with a nonprofit that is rapidly growing its development function and a bachelor’s degree in the field. Bonus points for experience fundraising in the technology sector or for a scientific organization. The successful candidate will be a scrappy and creative builder with successful grant writing and event support experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Proficiency with technology, CRMS systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with special event management
- Experience with private, community, and government grant seeking and submissions
- Knowledge of or experience with nonprofit annual giving programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of basic financial reporting and budget planning
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/events simultaneously
- 1+ years experience working remotely
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic organization that is building, measuring and iterating programs and development. They will be a self-starter who thrives on trying and refining innovative ideas.
Compensation & benefits:
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 per year DOE
- 12 paid company holidays
- 2 personal days
- 10 days paid sick leave
- 10 days paid vacation
- Healthcare stipend
- Company computer
The Marconi Society’s mission to create digitally equitable communities reflects our belief that too many people do not have the economic and social opportunities that being part of the connected world brings. We acknowledge that, in our role as innovators in technology and digital inclusion, we have a responsibility to use our voice and influence to highlight the work and stories of the incredibly diverse set of people that we aim to benefit. We do this by lifting up the perspectives of underrepresented people in our field and those who do not yet enjoy the opportunities of digital equity and by conducting our business and hiring in a way that recognizes and compensates for the value of diverse perspectives.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com