Website PCs for People
VP Of Technology
About PCs for People
Since 2008, PCs for People has been a driving force behind digital inclusion efforts across the US. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, our mission is to provide access to technology that offers employment and educational opportunities to low-income individuals, families with children, and those with disabilities. Through an unwavering commitment to the communities we serve, we have connected over 300,000 people in all 50 states and Puerto Rico and recycled millions of pounds of electronics. Our services include free end-of-life IT asset management and certified data sanitization, technology refurbishing, computer distribution, computer repair, internet service and technology education. As a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP), we are on the forefront of an innovative deployment model for affordable fixed wireless internet. Over the next year, we are poised to launch hundreds of small cell LTE towers in cities around the county.
About the Role
The VP Of Technology is responsible for setting the strategy and making executive technology decisions on behalf of the organization. The VP Of Technology will play a key role in leading PCs for People’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) offerings, both wired for MDUs and wireless as well as lead all technology innovation internally and externally. This position will be a key member of the senior management team reporting to the CEO and supervises mid-level executives. This position may require travel to PCs for People market and ISP build locations. The ideal candidate is located near an existing PCs for People market (Baltimore, Cleveland, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City or Denver).
Key Role Responsibilities
- Oversee PCs for People’s ISP department strategy, development and technology vision
Lead the enterprise-wide, information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company’s data and servers
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical systems, web platforms, ISP infrastructure and mobile services
- Design, Develop and implement technology solutions that cater to the needs of individuals and nonprofits seeking our services
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met or exceeded
- Establish IT policies and IT standard operating procedures
- Mentoring IT staff from entry through director level
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Develop, track and manage annual IT budgets, including capital investments
- Provide sponsorship and oversight for large-scale, enterprise IT projects
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance and ROI
- Oversee call center operations including Customer Experience Director
- Supervise workflow of IT department
- Knowledge and ability to develop, implement and improve PCs for People’s PCI DSS compliance policy
- Seek stakeholder feedback to make improvements and adjustments to technology
- Collaborating with department heads, finance, call center, HR, marketing, production, and operations as an advisor of all technologies involved with the company
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required; masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of IT experience, including at least seven years in a senior director, vice president or other executive IT leadership role
- Proven expertise with 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi, building wired MDU networks and leading IT for an ISP is preferred
- Knowledgeable in the personal computing industry, including hardware, trends and Windows 10 OS Deployment
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Previous experience with ISO 27001 certification preferred
- Working knowledge of PCI DSS compliance preferred
- Prior experience in building and scaling technical systems & processes
- You are a collaborative and effective leader with experience supporting the career development of colleagues and direct reports
- Proven ability to enthusiastically lead & mobilize an evolving team through high-change and high-growth periods in an organization’s trajectory
- Ability to develop and manage budgets; strong negotiating and contract management skills
We are a growing nonprofit and expect this position to help manage continued growth. We have a casual, fun, team-oriented environment. Benefits package includes 401k, health, dental, and PTO.
Only those who apply with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. The expected start date is as soon as possible. Candidate must pass a pre-employment background check. Salary is DOE but expected to be between $100,000 to $140,000.
Apply on Idealist with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
To apply for this job please visit www.idealist.org.