We formed NDIA in the spring of 2015 with the initial intent of bringing the expertise and experiences of broadband adoption practitioners (see our map of affiliates) to the Lifeline modernization process occurring at the Federal Communications Commission. Today, FCC Chairman Wheeler and Commissioner Clyburn released a blog post and a fact sheet on the Lifeline Modernization Proposal circulating inside the FCC. Both of these documents clearly show the Chairman Wheeler and Commissioner Clyburn understand the necessity of broadband access and use. In particular, we are pleased to see the proposal includes a standalone broadband option, robust minimum standards, and a widening of who can provide Lifeline broadband service. Our voice was heard. We look forward to reading the full order expected from the FCC on March 31, 2016 and helping guide implementation of a modernized Lifeline program.
- Illinois Partners with NDIA, Commits to Digital Equity
- Another Successful Digital Inclusion Week!
- What Happens When The U.S. Does Not Regulate Broadband?
- JUST RELEASED- AT&T’s Digital Redlining: Leaving Communities Behind for Profit
- Disconnected: How Corporate Giants Are Failing to Provide Broadband and Good Jobs