AwarenessEducate policymakers, the media, and potential partners about the need for digital equity and the work of local digital inclusion programs.
Net Inclusion, NDIA’s annual conference, brings together digital inclusion community practitioners, advocates, academics, Internet service providers, and policymakers to discuss:
- local, state and federal policies and policy innovations impacting digital equity,
- sources of financial and programmatic support of digital inclusion programs,
- and digital inclusion best practices from across the country.
Recent Keynote by Angela
Angela’s keynote, “Digital Inclusion: Not If But How” included what is happening around digital inclusion nationally and locally, the importance of digital inclusion, local strategies, NDIA’s resources and what we can learn from Philadelphia’s commitment to ending digital divides.
Angela Siefer, NDIA’s Executive Director, travels all over the country to speak at different conferences about digital inclusion. Check out the NDIA Newsletter Archive for more information on past speaking engagements.
NDIA releases White Papers on important digital inclusion topics including:
- Smart Cities and Digital Equity: Some Cities Have Found Ways to Pursue Both, but Federal Policy May Hinder Progress
- White Paper: Tier Flattening: In recent years AT&T and Verizon have eliminated their cheaper rate tiers for low and mid-speed Internet access, except at the very slowest levels. This policy of upward “tier flattening” raises the cost of Internet access for urban and rural AT&T and Verizon customers who only have access to the oldest, slowest legacy infrastructure.
To see other White Papers, check out NDIA’s Publications page.
In the Media
'“The cruel irony of the digital divide” in Colorado: Urban poor are left behind even as access, technology improves' The Colorado Sun, September 6th, 2019