I am happy to announce that the third annual Charles Benton Digital Equity Champion Award is now open for nominations!
Do you know someone (maybe yourself?) who has been a champion of digital equity? Potential nominees can be long time veterans of the field OR passionate new supporters and advocates of digital skills for all. Whether your work is locally focused or national – we are looking for everyone making a difference!
To nominate someone, please use this form.
Nominations close on March 28, so don’t delay!
The winner for this years award will be selected from all submitted nominees by this year’s award committee:
- (Committee Chair) Samantha Schartman-Cycyk, Chief Executive Officer, Connected Insights/ Research Director, Connect Your Community Institute
- Luke Swarthout, Director of Policy, Digital Department New York Public Library
- David Keyes, Digital Equity Manager, City of Seattle Information Technology
- Bernadine Joselyn, Director, Public Policy & Engagement, Blandin Foundation
- Robbie McBeath, Writing Associate, Benton Foundation.
- Tony Streit, Managing Project Director/Director, Chicago Office, Education Development Center, Inc.
The award will be presented in April at the Net Inclusion conference in Cleveland Ohio by the National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA).
For more information and to check out past Champions go to: https://www.digitalinclusion.org/benton/
Please circulate this notice widely!
Chief Executive Officer, Connected Insights