Website Connected Nation
Broadband Data Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director, Engineering & Technical Services
LOCATION: Telework eligible
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
DATE: May 2022
The Broadband Data Coordinator conducts telecommunications provider outreach and project coordination for Connected Nation’s broadband mapping projects. This position researches telecommunications providers, maintains relationships with provider contacts, explains and provides updates on projects impacting the provider, and works to collect and obtain service area data for processing and inclusion in state and local broadband mapping projects. Additionally, the Broadband Data Coordinator will assist with administrative tasks related to the daily duties and project workflows of the GIS and ETS teams (Geographic Information System and Engineering & Technical Services, respectively). The Broadband Data Coordinator should be extremely organized and very detailed-oriented, with attention to detail being of the utmost importance to success in this position. A significant amount of telephone and computer-based work is expected related to data gathering and documenting data collection with various telecommunications providers. This position does not require any experience in GIS or engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Research telecommunications providers and contacts; track information in Salesforce.
· Actively communicate with a large number of telecommunications providers by email, telephone, or videoconference on behalf of CN broadband mapping projects and technical services; track all outreach activities in Salesforce and project tasks in CN systems.
· Research, request, and collect granular data and information from telecommunications providers.
· Review received data for completeness. Clarify data quality and completeness with CN ETS team and ask clarifying questions to providers.
· Submit telecommunications data to the CN GIS department following standard formats and tracking.
· Follow up with telecommunications providers on data reviews, clarifications, and edits.
· Document database record in Salesforce’s online, browser-based application.
· Assist Project Management staff as needed with various project management related tasks associated with specific data collection projects assigned.
· Perform administrative tasks required to smoothly run multiple data collection projects simultaneously.
· Data entry and data formatting in online databases and spreadsheets.
· Responsibilities are not all inclusive, additional duties may be assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
· At least one year experience in customer service, client communications, project support and/or administration experience.
· Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Earth, and ArcGIS Collector app preferred, but not required.
· Advanced computer proficiency and internet research skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
· Cultivates strong and collaborative working relationships, while having the ability to handle sensitive and confidential datasets.
· Ability to identify risks and communicate potential challenges.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to exhibit solid independent judgment with minimal direction.
· An extremely organized, disciplined, self-directed, hands-on and process-oriented individual who is not afraid of digging into details when necessary.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Strong work ethic and unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
· High level of commitment to team and company values.
· Attention to detail, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and documenting progress.
· Willing to travel as needed.
· Valid state driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
· Ability to operate computer and equipment in the office and community settings.
· Must have sufficient mobility to move around the office and the community.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org