Website Delaware Employment Link
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
The State of Delaware’s innovative efforts to date have positioned Delaware as one of the most connected states in the country and provide valuable best practices to be leveraged in efforts to close the remaining gaps. The State has made significant inroads in addressing the challenges of unserved residents.
Delaware will expand broadband service to every home and business in the state and advance equity in technology access and skills utilizing two funding sources from the federal Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. Plans for implementation require extensive engagement with communities.
This Limited Term Director position has an expected duration of approximately five (5) years. It is an exciting opportunity to lead and develop an innovative state-wide campaign to advance digital equity and close the digital divide in Delaware. This position is a leadership role that will shape policy related to digital access, literacy and equity in Delaware.
The Director of Digital Equity will work directly with the Governor’s Office to play a critical role helping to develop a statewide digital equity strategy; overseeing federal funding source utilized to support increased digital access and digital skills training; collaborating with key stakeholders; and coordinating advocacy, grassroots, media, and other outreach efforts.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with emphasis in public policy, communications, urban planning or a related field.
- Two years of field experience with digital inclusion programs or activities
- Proficiency with business tools (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent), social media, website management tools, and online networking tools.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with diverse, mission-aligned organizations.
- Develop statewide alliances and consortia around digital access and digital literacy.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to help increase the capacity and impact of digital inclusion efforts.
- Coordinate, support and engage state agencies, community partners and other critical stakeholders towards the State’s Digital Equity Plan.
- Provide leadership for digital equity planning, strategy formation, coalition work, grassroots support, and policy advocacy.
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to guide and support the state’s efforts.
- Track data and outcomes of digital inclusion projects and activities.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading the development, implementations and evaluation of projects and programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and managing partnerships.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in presenting information both written and orally, demonstrating success in effectively relaying information and engaging stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing policies and procedures.
Conditions Of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in the Federal E-Verify system where we will provide the federal government with each Executive Branch new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources web page.
DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
DTI’s Benefits to include:
- Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Health Management Programs.
- 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 13 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
- State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
- Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/agencies/index.shtml.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Ongoing Application Screening
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.