Website HR&A Advisors
THE PRACTICE | Over the next decade, the federal government, states, localities, philanthropies, and private businesses are projected to spend $200 billion on new Broadband and Digital Equity programs. HR&A’s Broadband and Digital Equity practice is built to provide a full suite of strategic planning, staffing, program management, and implementation services to maximize the impact of this historic funding.
Whether we’re helping State Broadband Offices deliver their Broadband and Digital Equity plans, supporting municipalities to structure public-private partnerships and digital inclusion services, or building capacity in community anchor institutions and nonprofits, our work is focused on designing and delivering sustainable programs and partnerships that close the digital divide and promote economic opportunity for all.
THE OPPORTUNITY | Our teams help governments, civic institutions, and communities evaluate the feasibility of alternative approaches to connectivity infrastructure deployment and program development, including its intersection with other ‘smart’ infrastructure systems, like EV charging. The Senior Analyst – Broadband Infrastructure Planning & Program Management will be dedicated to HR&A’s Broadband & Digital Equity Practice and will be primarily responsible for supporting our team’s work to advise on, develop, and produce broadband & digital equity project deliverables and programs for state and local government clients, nonprofits, community-based organizations, and philanthropy. Day-to-day tasks will require managing internal and external teams to complete complex assignments including strategic planning, case study research, community engagement, survey data analysis, program evaluation and impact analysis, grant management, economic and financial analysis, and public policy analysis.
Ideal candidates should have exposure to all aspects of Broadband and Digital Equity program development, including developing comprehensive plans for deploying and managing broadband infrastructure programs, digital inclusion programs, the design of grant programs and public-private partnerships, and interagency and intergovernmental engagement programs, and the design of new governance systems to deliver digital equity. Ideal candidates have exceptional attention to detail, project management skills, including engaging in multiple workstreams, and experience engaging government, business, and community stakeholders. Candidates should have technical knowledge of an array of service broadband delivery methods and technologies, as well as experience in physical asset inventory, business planning, and implementation strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Broadband and Digital Equity programming, advancing broadband technologies, fostering innovative business models, and/or developing broadband programs
- Advancing projects through local, county, and or state government processes such as procurements, budgeting, governance planning, and public engagement
- Project management including scoping, structuring, creating, reviewing deliverables, and producing high-quality on-time results
- Developing and carrying out strategic planning processes, project management tools, and data-driven analytical approaches
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis including financial analysis and business planning
- A clear passion for digital equity, broadband technologies, innovative business models, and systems change in government and economic empowerment
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadband infrastructure, strategic planning processes, public-private partnership programs, and business modeling
- Five to eight years of experience in grant management, government service, management consulting or comparable client-facing functions in professional services, or a combination of professional services and other relevant experience in the broadband or economic and community development industries
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with a focus on public policy, economics, urban planning, business, or other closely related fields
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, critical thinking, and creativity
- Experience managing fast-paced, collaborative teams and projects, including scoping, structuring, creating, and reviewing deliverables
- Ability to work across assignments, including managing multiple project workstreams and deadlines
- Familiarity with strategic planning processes, project management tools, and data-driven analytical approaches
- Ability to engage with and earn the trust of local leaders, community leaders, and businesses on complex broadband issues
- Desire to help build the Broadband & Digital Equity team’s consulting and program management practice by leading engagements, training staff, and advancing thought leadership
COMPENSATION | The annual salary range for this position is $101,000 to $114,500. Where an offer falls inside the pay range is dependent on experience. This position is a full-time temporary contractor role for a maximum of three years that works alongside HR&A teams, where employment is via HR&A’s employment partner, Magnit. Magnit benefits include health and wellness benefits and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at https://www.hraadvisors.com/broadband-and-digital-equity/.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit hraadvisors.applytojob.com.