Website Smart Columbus
About Smart Columbus
Smart Columbus is an agile, collaborative innovation lab that serves the Columbus Region by anticipating and advancing what is new and next at the intersection of technology and community good.
We seek to increase access to opportunity and an improved quality of life by promoting thought leadership on the future of cities, fostering an ecosystem of regional partners, and deploying human-centered technology in mobility, sustainability, digitalization, and urban technologies.
The Digital Inclusion Director works to achieve the strategic goals of Smart Columbus by designing and managing projects and programs in the digitalization space. This role serves as a trusted advisor and collaborator to large employers and community partners like the City of Columbus and Franklin County Digital Equity Coalition (DEC). A key responsibility of this role includes leading the implementation of the DEC’s recently published Digital Equity Action Agenda alongside Coalition members, including building a program management office to support execution.
The ideal candidate thrives in a mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment where no two days are the same. They are passionate about solving complex community problems using a human-centered design mindset and improving quality of life by working to close the digital divide through equitable access to the internet, devices and skills. They enjoy building relationships with diverse audiences, convening the appropriate stakeholders around a shared table, and facilitating progress towards community goals. They can speak to a corporate CEO’s priorities and communicate the needs of a community-based organization in the same breath. They are curious and frequently think of new ways to solve problems, connect dots across different landscapes and build value that doesn’t exist today.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Lead efforts to achieve digital equity goals across the Columbus Region, including program project planning, monitoring, report development, evaluation, and program team development and oversight.
- Build deep relationships with cross-sector partners (public, private, nonprofit, education) across the Columbus Region to identify barriers and develop solutions for coordinated action.
- Facilitate coalition-wide activities including steering committee, general body, work groups, and community engagement activities.
- Oversee development of work plans and milestones, track progress and provide accurate status reports to partners.
- Oversee administration of funding and ensure that funding is utilized in accordance with priorities, including making funding recommendations, drafting scopes of work and contracts for sub-grantees.
- Maintain awareness of other projects and coalitions in similar fields to maintain a full understanding of the current landscape of local, regional and national activities, and strategically integrating existing efforts.
- Grow Smart Columbus’ identity as a respected, neutral convener on technical or nuanced subject-matter among a broad spectrum of local stakeholders.
- Actively help Smart Columbus serve as a thought leader locally and nationally on the future of cities.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 7-10 years of relevant work experience, including at least 4 years managing teams in a fast-paced and high-growth nonprofit, social enterprise, or business start-up environment.
- Advanced strategic planning competencies on programmatic, organizational and systemic levels.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build authentic relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, facilitate productive conversations and achieve consensus.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the social service landscape across the Columbus Region.
- Working knowledge of Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking, and/or innovation mindsets, methods and processes.
- Proven experience designing and implementing community-wide programs and achieving intended outcomes.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners, ensuring all parties are aligned to the same goals and have clear ownership/deadlines.
- Ability to flex on work priorities with changing community/organizational dynamics and goals.
- Passionate about solving problems and improving quality of life in the community.
- Ability to quickly learn the essentials of emerging technologies and be confident in speaking about them.
- Personal commitment to advancing in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Champion of the future and what’s possible, even if it’s never been done before.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Digital Inclusion Director” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
What We Offer
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit located on the Scioto Mile
- A team of teams. Smart Columbus is an entity of the Columbus Partnership providing team members an opportunity to be a part of a bigger enterprise and connected to the work of Columbus Partnership and One Columbus
- Energetic and collaborative team passionate about making a difference in the community
- Superior health and benefits package, including retirement
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off
- Professional development opportunities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. The Columbus Partnership requires all employees, vendors, and associates to support its nondiscriminatory policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com