Digital Inclusion Week
Please join this international event online and on the ground on October 7-11, 2019 to share what is going on in your community. DIW aims to raise awareness of solutions addressing home internet access, personal devices and local technology training and support programs. DIW2019 is sponsored by the National Digital Inclusion Alliance representing more than 350 affiliated organizations in 44 states working toward digital equity
Here’s how it works:
- Create or find an event in your area that builds inclusion by providing computer training, media literacy, affordable devices or internet access to people on the wrong side digital divides – or builds public awareness.
- Connect with colleagues around the country to share ideas through our mailing list.
- From October 7-11, 2019 use hashtags #digitalinclusion and #digitalequityis ______ to join the conversation and celebrate progress.
What Kinds of Events Do People Organize?
- Digital resource fair – bring together digital inclusion providers for a family-friendly fair that promotes opportunities to learn and raffles devices or services to participants
- Door-to-door outreach – canvass an area of the community with low rates of access to educate residents about low-cost broadband options and your organization’s services
- Device donation drive – collect and refurbish used desktops and laptops to disseminate to program participants
- One-day workshop related to a specific technology training need in your community (e.g. smartphones, cloud applications, computer basics)
- Resume rally – help people learn how to create a resume and search online for job openings
- Open house – to promote the work of your organization to the community and key stakeholders
- Internet enrollment event – partner with a low-cost internet service provider to get people signed up for affordable broadband
Past DIW Initiatives
#digitalequityis BRAIN EQUITY
#digitalequityis CIVIL RIGHTS
#digitalequityis WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Lead: Shauna Edson from the Salt Lake City Public Library is assembling the Planning Committee now!
Email Shauna at email@example.com if you would like to participate.