NDIA has released a new white paper – “Defining a State Digital Equity Office” authored by Amy Huffman, explaining how states are in a unique position to lead cross-sector, cross-departmental, multi-faceted digital inclusion activities that impact the entire state.
The State Digital Equity Office’s Roles and Responsibilities should include:
- leading the coordination of digital inclusion activities on behalf of the state,
- assisting in the development of digital equity policy,
- coordinating funding,
- strengthening local digital equity ecosystems,
- educating policymakers, local governments, and stakeholders on digital equity and inclusion,
- guiding digital equity focused research and data use, and piloting scalable digital inclusion models.